cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AVTS
Post Patron
Post Patron

Canvas App- Edit Datatable

in my canvas app i have got datatable. How to edit or delete the line item in the datatable ?

Following formulas  in datatable items.

Filter(Dailyinventory, Text('Created On',ShortDate) = Text(Today(), ShortDate))

2 REPLIES 2
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Data tables are read only. The only way to edit what is displayed in them would to be to have the data stored in a collection or other source and have a separate control edit and save that data

Data Table Control 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@AVTS 

The simplest way is to put a trashcan icon on the screen and make it's property Remove(yourdatasource,ID=Datatable.Selected.ID).

To edit a record in the datasource, you can use an editform with the DataSource property yourdatasource and the Item property Lookup(yourdatasource,ID=Datatable.Selected.ID). 

The edit form doesn't have to be on the same screen.  You can put a pencil icon on the screen with the OnSelect property Navigate(youreditformscreen);EditForm(youreditform)).  To add a new record to your datatable, put a + icon on the screen and set its OnSelect to Navigate(youreditformscreen);NewForm(youreditform))

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,350)