Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elmz
Helper I
Helper I

Canvas App Non-Prod and Prod Management

Hi PowerApps Community,

Anyone has any best practices on how to manage non-prod and prod canvas app?

How do we migrate the changes from the non-prod canvas app to the prod canvas app?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @elmz ,

Very broad question, but migration involves exporting as a zip file to the local device and then importing into the new environment. If the data sources are different you need disconnect the old ones and reconnect with the new.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

elmz
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @WarrenBelz,

Thanks for the reply.

Both of canvas are on the same environment.

One is named App-Canvas-DEV

the other is named App-Canvas-PROD

How do I ensure the changes are transferred from DEV -> PROD?

Also there are connections like gateways/PowerAutomate Flows connected?
How do i make sure those are connected without turning off the PowerAutomate flows?

Hi @elmz ,

Depends on whether you are using the same data sources - if so, you can use "Save As" and overwrite the other one, but it is better (and keeps your version history) if you export then import. All the connections will still be there. If different data source areas (I assume the same names and structure), disconnect the old ones and connect the new ones.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,834)