cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Canvas App Redirect

I have a canvas app that is launched from a Sharepoint site. The app is a form to update a Sharepoint list. When the form is completed I navigate to a screen with a thank you message and an "X". I want the user to click the "x" and have the powerapp close and navigate to a Sharepoint page. When I use the OnSuccess of the form to execute and Exit() or Exit(true) and then the Launch() to go to the page I end up with the original Powerapp tab thata has logged me out and taken me to the Dynamics home page and a new tab is created for the Sharepoint page. Is there not a way to achieve what I am trying to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Canvas App Redirect

HI @admiralman ,

If the app that you mentioned is a standalone canvas app, I afraid that there is no direct way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, the Exit() function is used to close currently running app, if you execute the Exit() function in your web browser, it would exit currently running app to the App Lists in your PowerApps Web Portal rather than close current Browser tab.

As an alternative solution, you could consider set the OnSelect property of the "X" icon in your Thank You screen to following:

Launch("Type your SP Page URL you want to navigate to here");
Exit()

set the OnSuccess property of the Edit form to following:

Navigate(ThankYouScreen)

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @admiralman ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you customize a form within your SP List using PowerApps?

If you want to exit your current app, and then navigate to the Thank You Screen in same browser tab, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

The Launch function could only open a web page in a new tab rather than in same tab. If you would like this feature to be added, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

As an alternative solution, you could consider add a Thank You screen within your custom form app. Then set the OnSuccess property of the Edit form (SharePointForm1) to following:

ResetForm(SharePointForm1);Navigate(ThankYouScreen)

Within your Thank You screen, you could add a "X" icon, set the OnSelect property to following:

RequestHide() //Hide the custom form app from your SP List

Please consider take a try with with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@v-xida-msft 

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

I'm really not sure how much more descriptive I can be. I tried to explain the scenario to the most detailed level possible. I don't understand what I may be unclear on.

Do you customize a form within your SP List using PowerApps?

As I stated, I have a Canvas App which is a stand alone PowerApp and not a customized SP form.

If you want to exit your current app, and then navigate to the Thank You Screen in same browser tab, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

I stated that I navigate to a Thank You screen then want to exit the app. 

As an alternative solution, you could consider add a Thank You screen within your custom form app.

Yes, as I explained that is exactly how I have this set up.

Thanks for your input but your reply was not helpful.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @admiralman ,

I am hoping what you asking is this simple - you want to close the form at some point in your code.

The command RequestHide() will do this on a PowerAppsIntegration SharePoint form

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

HI @admiralman ,

If the app that you mentioned is a standalone canvas app, I afraid that there is no direct way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, the Exit() function is used to close currently running app, if you execute the Exit() function in your web browser, it would exit currently running app to the App Lists in your PowerApps Web Portal rather than close current Browser tab.

As an alternative solution, you could consider set the OnSelect property of the "X" icon in your Thank You screen to following:

Launch("Type your SP Page URL you want to navigate to here");
Exit()

set the OnSuccess property of the Edit form to following:

Navigate(ThankYouScreen)

Best regards, 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,209)