cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fitz

Canvas App - Required Feilds not displaying error when blank

I have designed a Canvas app with most of the fields being required.

I have set the required properties to true - but no errors display if blank. I have 4 screens. I can submit the form to my SharePoint list but, obviously, all the columns are blank - definitely not what I want.

I'm not adding any logic or customizing the error messages at the moment. The error fields simply do not display anything when blank.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I have also tried making the columns required within the SharePoint list - removed the data connection and created again. Still nothing. No error messages.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Fitz

2 REPLIES 2
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Fitz 

Please provide a screenshot of your form. On my test app, I set some of the cards to Required and it always produces an error message if I try to submit it either as a new form or if I delete the data from a control inside a required existing card in Edit mode.  Also are the Default properties of the controls inside the required cards set to Parent.Default?

Fitz

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I have uploaded a Word doc with various screen shots - maybe that will shine a light on the problems I'm facing.

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks 

Fitz

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,306)