cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fitz

Canvas App - Required Feilds not displaying error when blank

I have designed a Canvas app with most of the fields being required.

I have set the required properties to true - but no errors display if blank. I have 4 screens. I can submit the form to my SharePoint list but, obviously, all the columns are blank - definitely not what I want.

I'm not adding any logic or customizing the error messages at the moment. The error fields simply do not display anything when blank.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I have also tried making the columns required within the SharePoint list - removed the data connection and created again. Still nothing. No error messages.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Fitz

2 REPLIES 2
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Fitz 

Please provide a screenshot of your form. On my test app, I set some of the cards to Required and it always produces an error message if I try to submit it either as a new form or if I delete the data from a control inside a required existing card in Edit mode.  Also are the Default properties of the controls inside the required cards set to Parent.Default?

Fitz

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I have uploaded a Word doc with various screen shots - maybe that will shine a light on the problems I'm facing.

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks 

Fitz

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (37,496)