cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fitz

Canvas App - Required Feilds not displaying error when blank

I have designed a Canvas app with most of the fields being required.

I have set the required properties to true - but no errors display if blank. I have 4 screens. I can submit the form to my SharePoint list but, obviously, all the columns are blank - definitely not what I want.

I'm not adding any logic or customizing the error messages at the moment. The error fields simply do not display anything when blank.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I have also tried making the columns required within the SharePoint list - removed the data connection and created again. Still nothing. No error messages.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Fitz

2 REPLIES 2
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @Fitz 

Please provide a screenshot of your form. On my test app, I set some of the cards to Required and it always produces an error message if I try to submit it either as a new form or if I delete the data from a control inside a required existing card in Edit mode.  Also are the Default properties of the controls inside the required cards set to Parent.Default?

Fitz

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I have uploaded a Word doc with various screen shots - maybe that will shine a light on the problems I'm facing.

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks 

Fitz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,108)