cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewcombR Advocate II
Advocate II

Canvas App Solution Fails

Hello,

I’m hoping someone can assist. I am working on an canvas app, and have applied it to a TEST environment using managed solution. It imported fine.

After some feedback, I developed some changes and exported the managed solution and attempted to import it to the TEST environment using the Upgrade method. (Something I’m accustomed to with model driven apps and D365).

However, the import fails and no helpful error is given. I can see the solution was imported but it hasn’t been upgraded. When attempting to upgrade solution, it also fails with no real helpful error.

Moreover, I cannot manually import the canvas app using the old method (without solution) because I can’t publish the app in the test environment because it originated as a managed solution.

I also cannot delete the managed solutions in the target environment —- getting errors.

The canvas app is the only thing in the solution.

What gives?
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Canvas App Solution Fails

Hi @NewcombR ,

Could you please share a bit more about the error when you ugrade?

Do you mean that canvas app in your managed solution set as a managed component?

Currently, if you import an managed solution into a target Environment, you could not edit the components within this managed solution.

Please refer to the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/introduction-solutions#mana...

As an fixed solution, please consider remove/uninstall the managed solution from your Test Environment, and then import the updated managed solution into your Test Environment again.

If your solution is still under development, I think you should import your solution as a unmanaged solution rather than managed solution. Then you could continue to add and remove components to this Solution within your Test Environment.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
NewcombR Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Canvas App Solution Fails

I am talking about this:

I have a DEV environment.
I have a TEST environment.

The only development occurs in DEV within the context of a solution.

I export the solution from DEV as a MANAGED solution, and import the MANAGED solution to TEST.

This only works on the first import in TEST.

If I made changes in DEV and export the solution as managed and import to TEST to upgrade (so the users can test the changes), PowerApps states test the import failed.

There is only one (1) thing in the solution, the canvas app.

However, even though PowerApps says the solution failed, I can see the solution upgrade in the solutions grid in TEST. However, I cannot upgrade the solution due to error. I also cannot to delete the upgrade solution because I get another error.

So, it’s stuck in the TEST environment with no way to upgrade and no way to delete.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,406)