Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Symira
Helper II
Helper II

Canvas App not showing content when launched from the Power Apps launcher app

Hi guys,

Doing my first Canvas App :-). The app fetches data from a few Dataverse tables to display, insert and update the records back to Dataverse. The app works fine on the maker portal, when I play it there. I have published the app as well. Now I started the Power Apps launcher app on my Surface tablet, and logged in with the same credentials. The app starts, but no dynamic data is loaded and displayed in the grid on the main screen. I do see the static header and the logo. 

Any idea what might be missing?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

-S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Symira
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @v-qiaqi-msft,

Sorry, it took a while but got a solution.

The problem - I have a canvas app (tablet layout) which has a displays a gallery on the first screen (I presume most apps do that :-)). The gallery shows a list of records from Dataverse assigned to that user. From there on the user can navigate down the hierarchy by selecting a record which takes the user to next screen etc.

The app was working fine in browser. The test the app, I downloaded the Powerapps App (Windows app from the appstore) on my Surface Tablet, logged in and started the Canvas app. The app did start and displayed the logo and the page header but the grid was empty. In the meantime I got an error message in Powerapps App that I need latest version etc. which is a totally weird message, as this is the latest app available on the appstore. In any case, I later tried on an iOS device, where the app works fine.

What's crazy is that Microsoft Canvas App works fine on an Apple device and not on Microsoft device. This could have been better.

Thanks.

-S

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Symira,

Have this issue existed so far?

Do you mean that your published app on your Surface tablet could not load the data?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

Please check if the Power Apps on your device has updated to the latest version.

In addition, please consider creating a new simple app and publish it. Check if this new app could load data on your Surface tablet.

If the above could not solve your problem, please contact out Support Team.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi
Symira
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @v-qiaqi-msft,

Sorry, it took a while but got a solution.

The problem - I have a canvas app (tablet layout) which has a displays a gallery on the first screen (I presume most apps do that :-)). The gallery shows a list of records from Dataverse assigned to that user. From there on the user can navigate down the hierarchy by selecting a record which takes the user to next screen etc.

The app was working fine in browser. The test the app, I downloaded the Powerapps App (Windows app from the appstore) on my Surface Tablet, logged in and started the Canvas app. The app did start and displayed the logo and the page header but the grid was empty. In the meantime I got an error message in Powerapps App that I need latest version etc. which is a totally weird message, as this is the latest app available on the appstore. In any case, I later tried on an iOS device, where the app works fine.

What's crazy is that Microsoft Canvas App works fine on an Apple device and not on Microsoft device. This could have been better.

Thanks.

-S

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,187)