cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Lucian
Resolver I
Resolver I

Canvas App resource images displayed correctly on PC/Web but incorrectly on the mobile app

Hello,

I have an app for leave requests that have some PNG file loaded in Media that will be used as icons when adding new requests: 

 

PA_MediaImagesOK.png

 

All was perfect until I have tested the application on my mobile device, where only one image is displayed and the rest not.

PA_MediaImagesNotOK.png

The application is published, and on the mobile app was used the same account as on PC.

 

What could be the problem?

Kind Regards,

Lucian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lucian
Resolver I
Resolver I

Because I could no longer delete this post, I have to make a correction:

The images were not used directly in the image control. Because I need a way to make the picture vary depending on some conditions the picture name was a string.

 

 

 

"appres://resources/"&If(And(Not(IsBlank(_SelectedLeaveType)),ThisItem.denumire = _SelectedLeaveType), ThisItem.iconselected, ThisItem.icon)

 

 

 

Because of that "appres://..." prefix, the Power Apps Studio was displaying the pictures as expected, except this approach is NOT supported in the published app. I found out after talking with support technicians, and their recommendation was either include the pictures in the database so the collection will load them as pictures, either use inside the function the name of the picture not the field containing the string.

So is my mistake.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Lucian
Resolver I
Resolver I

Because I could no longer delete this post, I have to make a correction:

The images were not used directly in the image control. Because I need a way to make the picture vary depending on some conditions the picture name was a string.

 

 

 

"appres://resources/"&If(And(Not(IsBlank(_SelectedLeaveType)),ThisItem.denumire = _SelectedLeaveType), ThisItem.iconselected, ThisItem.icon)

 

 

 

Because of that "appres://..." prefix, the Power Apps Studio was displaying the pictures as expected, except this approach is NOT supported in the published app. I found out after talking with support technicians, and their recommendation was either include the pictures in the database so the collection will load them as pictures, either use inside the function the name of the picture not the field containing the string.

So is my mistake.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,159)