cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wristtattoo

Canvas App writes same Login info in Excel - LookUp or Patch?

Hi all,

I can't find anything on this forum similar hence my post. The user journey I'm trying to achieve is the standard one we're all familiar with - already registered? Enter your email / password and login. I need a formula that checks the datasource (excel in my case) as currently if you use the login details it writes a new _PowerAppsID_ which I do not want it to. I've tried a LookUp formula and Patch formula but both haven't worked.

Canvas App noob - first one I've produced! Thoughts and suggestions welcome. Thank you!

sshot.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Carlosr
Microsoft
Microsoft

May I ask what kind of user would be logging in with such a screen?  Canvas apps require the user to already be authenticated in Microsoft 365.  Why log in again?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Carlosr
Microsoft
Microsoft

Patch updates the information in the Excel spreadsheet, it doesn't retrieve it.  Try the Search function.

Carlosr
Microsoft
Microsoft

Try this:

Set(Result, Search(UserTable,  UsernameInput.Text, "Username")); 
Set(PasswordResult, First(Result).Password);
wristtattoo

Thank you for your reply. Would this formula go on the Button? Currently it checks if the form entries are valid and submits.

Screenshot 2021-08-06 at 17.06.09.png

Thank you for your reply. Sadly your method didn't work and may have not described my problem as accurate as I thought. I want this screen to behave like any standard web site sign up form, if the account exists tell the user it does and offer a password reset.

I wussed out for demo purposes and used User().Email to simulate the user already logged in with their Office365 account!

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 16.54.31.png

Carlosr
Microsoft
Microsoft

May I ask what kind of user would be logging in with such a screen?  Canvas apps require the user to already be authenticated in Microsoft 365.  Why log in again?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,487)