cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate V
Advocate V

Canvas Components Output Property (BUG?)

Hi,

I have a Component Library with a Canvas Component with has some Output Properties . I change something in the component, save and publish. In the App that is using the component, I check for updates and update to the new version.

image.png

Strangely, the Output Properties are not returned to the App. But if I save & close the App and reopen it works! Is this a BUG? 🐛

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CNT,

I made a test on my side, but cannot reproduce your issue. If you make some modifications to component, the modifications can be applied automatically to all components in the app, there is no need to check for updates.

Could you please share more about your test steps?

Sik

Hi @v-siky-msft as I had mentioned the component is inside a component library and it is used in another App. As it is mentioned in the docs https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/component-library under section Update a component libraryMakers of other apps are notified of updated components being available. The notification appears when makers edit the apps in canvas app studio.

This notification appears either when the App is opened or when a manual check is made. Components are NOT automatically updated (neither they should be), the App maker has the choice. This is whole idea of Component Libraries.

Please do a test with a component in a library and use it in another App.

Hi @v-siky-msft 

I've tested this several time and I'm most certain that it's a bug. Anyway to escalate it to engineering?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (89,415)