cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Canvas Power App Detail Screen Delete

I created a Canvas Power App where people can submit a form to a SharePoint List to request time off at work. However, I want to make it so that employees cannot see other employees' requests. All requests appear in the detail screen when you press "play". Is there a way to bypass the detail screen and go straight to the edit screen or make it so that you can only see your own entries on the detail screen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is functionality in the user() function.

More info here: User function - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

What I would do is compare your list against user().fullname or user().email and only display inputs from that user. So in one of my apps I did the following;

App OnStart:

If(
   user().email = "targetperson@email.com",
   Navigate(FormScreen1),
   Navigate(FormScreen2)
)

If you go to my link it will provide way more insight.

Also, this youtube video might help you a lot as well! Implementing Role Based Security in Power Apps - YouTube

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CNT
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous You can Filter the data that is seen by each user in the detail screen, so that they see only their records. If you share a screen shot of the App and the formula in the Items property of the Gallery it would be helpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is functionality in the user() function.

More info here: User function - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

What I would do is compare your list against user().fullname or user().email and only display inputs from that user. So in one of my apps I did the following;

App OnStart:

If(
   user().email = "targetperson@email.com",
   Navigate(FormScreen1),
   Navigate(FormScreen2)
)

If you go to my link it will provide way more insight.

Also, this youtube video might help you a lot as well! Implementing Role Based Security in Power Apps - YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, the OnStart Navigate() function worked perfectly! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,248)