cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwintersparker
Helper II
Helper II

Canvas Power App Detail Screen Delete

I created a Canvas Power App where people can submit a form to a SharePoint List to request time off at work. However, I want to make it so that employees cannot see other employees' requests. All requests appear in the detail screen when you press "play". Is there a way to bypass the detail screen and go straight to the edit screen or make it so that you can only see your own entries on the detail screen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Karldajabron
Helper I
Helper I

There is functionality in the user() function.

More info here: User function - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

What I would do is compare your list against user().fullname or user().email and only display inputs from that user. So in one of my apps I did the following;

App OnStart:

If(
   user().email = "targetperson@email.com",
   Navigate(FormScreen1),
   Navigate(FormScreen2)
)

If you go to my link it will provide way more insight.

Also, this youtube video might help you a lot as well! Implementing Role Based Security in Power Apps - YouTube

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@mwintersparker You can Filter the data that is seen by each user in the detail screen, so that they see only their records. If you share a screen shot of the App and the formula in the Items property of the Gallery it would be helpful.

Karldajabron
Helper I
Helper I

There is functionality in the user() function.

More info here: User function - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

What I would do is compare your list against user().fullname or user().email and only display inputs from that user. So in one of my apps I did the following;

App OnStart:

If(
   user().email = "targetperson@email.com",
   Navigate(FormScreen1),
   Navigate(FormScreen2)
)

If you go to my link it will provide way more insight.

Also, this youtube video might help you a lot as well! Implementing Role Based Security in Power Apps - YouTube

View solution in original post

Thank you, the OnStart Navigate() function worked perfectly! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,238)