cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canvas PowerApps - Bind ListBox OnChange of Dropdown

Dear All,

We've a SharePoint List named College having column names as Department (Single Line of Text) & Subject (Choice column with Multiple Selection). One Department have many Subjects. Now on PowerApps form we have Department as Dropdown & need to use Listbox to show Subjects.

I can see all Departments listed in Dropdown. For ListBox Items property, if I use Choices(College.Subjects), I can get all Subjects in listbox. But now I want to filter it based on Department. So on change of Department, I want to filter Subjects & bind to ListBox.

Can you please help me how can I achieve this?

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjay Adsure

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @SanjayAdsure201 ,

You have an additional issue with the multi-select. You did not state the Items of your Department drop-down, so I do not know the output (Value/Result/FieldName), so replace xxxx below

Sort(
   Ungroup(
      Filter(
         College,
         Department = YourDepartmentDD.Selected.xxxx
      ).Subject,
      "Subject"
   ),
   Value
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

MVP (Business Applications)   Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rusk
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

For the Subjects dropdown, you need to filter the Items to match the Department dropdown.  This video explains it well and will walk you through it (thanks to @ShaneYoung)

https://youtu.be/SKMwayf_cuM

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @SanjayAdsure201 ,

You have an additional issue with the multi-select. You did not state the Items of your Department drop-down, so I do not know the output (Value/Result/FieldName), so replace xxxx below

Sort(
   Ungroup(
      Filter(
         College,
         Department = YourDepartmentDD.Selected.xxxx
      ).Subject,
      "Subject"
   ),
   Value
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

MVP (Business Applications)   Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Thank you @Rusk for your reply & nice video!

Thank you @WarrenBelz! You grabbed it correctly, it's that Multiselect I was facing issue with! Your solution gave me exact filtering! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,609)