cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Canvas Screen Not Working in Published App

Hi Guys, 

I have been working on this app without issue until recently. 

The scrollable gallery is completely blank when I publish the app (please see screens) 

Edit Mode
Edit Mode In PowerAppsEdit Mode In PowerApps

Preview Mode:

Preview Mode in PowerAppsPreview Mode in PowerApps

Published view on browser (Also the same on mobile) Published view via Web Browser or MobilePublished view via Web Browser or Mobile

Any ideas why this has happened as I've not changed anything.

8 REPLIES 8
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @Courtney did you try to use the monitor tool to see if an error related with the data source appears?

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @Courtney  this is a known issue, and we are working in a fix

Helper V
Helper V

Ok, perfect. Will I have to do anything once this has been corrected?

Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi@Courtney ,

Are you using Layout containers? I have a similar problem I wonder if it is related to that. Cause remove the containers shows everything properly but I need the containers of course.

Hi @rssilvaba 

I believe I was. Due to time constraints, I had no other option but to create a new screen and rebuild it. Instead of multiple sections in the Canvas, I added all my buttons into one expanded section. Not ideal but it seems to have 'fixed' the issue.

Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Yeiner, Do you have any idea when this bug fix would be deployed or where we can find the issue tracker for apps? I am still not sure this is related to the "layout containers" but I would need to know this since I have to present a responsive solution tomorrow to a client and I now need to make the decision if I need to go back and use formulas to justify and align the containers instead of "layout containers".

Thanks

Hello @rssilvaba the issue was fixed. I guess you are running into a different problem. Do you have a screenshot?  

Hi @Yeiner, Please take a look at my original post. Any time I remove the layout container the icons and images show up properly. There is also a sample app there.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Apparently-a-bug-with-the-preview-layout-con...

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (61,884)