cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Z_Lukowski
Resolver I
Resolver I

Canvas app - Cannot extract value of the field in Datatable lookup field - instead I'm only seeing GUID

Hello,

I have a table with a lookup Field "subtitle2" which is referring to different table, In Power apps I can only see GUID, how can I show value, which is text:

Z_Lukowski_0-1611749195090.png

2 REPLIES 2
RishabBehl31
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey @Z_Lukowski ,

In order to get the attributes of the lookup field (lookup to another table). Firstly you need to search through the reference table and compare it's ID column to the ThisItem.Subtitle2.RandomTableToDelete, this will help you get that particular record you're looking for and then you can get any property of that record using the '.' operator.

Example:

1. For Search, use the "LookUp" function.

SYNTAX :

LookUp(SubTitle2,'Column Name from Subtitle 2 name that contains guid' = ThisItem.SubTitle2.RandomtabletoDelete)

2. Now, use the '.' operator to get the property you want to display.

LookUp(SubTitle2,'Column Name from Subtitle 2 name that contains guid' = ThisItem.SubTitle2.RandomtabletoDelete).Nameofcolumnthatcontainsthenamevalue

Hope this helps 🙂

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for taking my inputs. If you're digging into it, a 'thumbs up' is appreciated! Or if my suggestion solved your issue, please Accept it as a solution. This way everyone would be able to get the solution if they face a similar problem.

For more knowledge visit my blog site. CRM COOKBOOK

Z_Lukowski
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey:

@RishabBehl31 

The solution you provided did not compile, instead I've used something like this:

Z_Lukowski_0-1611756551630.png

LookUp(RandomtabletoDeletes, (cr437_randomtabletodeleteid=ThisItem.SubTitle2.RandomtabletoDelete),Name)

It worked fine while displaying the data but after Ive used filter option the GUID changed to "Object object")

So something is still not compiling correctly...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,284)