Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Canvas app cancel functionality displays first record in a SharePoint list

Hello Power Platform Community,

I hope you can help please.

I have a canvas app that uses SharePoint as the data source.

On screen 1 I have a gallery of a SharePoint list called Sites.

I click a + icon that navigates to screen 2 with a blank form on it where a user can input data, essentially creating a new Site record in the SharePoint list.

This issue I'm having is, potentially the user gets halfway through completing the form and then, for some reason, decides to click the X cancel icon to start over again. This X icon resets the form. I'm using the ResetForm() expression.

What I've noticed is, this doesn't reset the form to all blank values, but actually re-populates the form with the first Site record in the SharePoint list. 

Does anyone know how I can stop this happening please? I think it must be something to do with the form's "DefaultMode" which is set to "FormMode.Edit".

Thanks very much,

Garry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Replace the formula with;

NewForm (YourFormName)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi Please, change the form mode to new.

2020-09-02_14-57-01.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Super User III
Super User III

Replace the formula with;

NewForm (YourFormName)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

Please the issue Resolved

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (91,048)