cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Extractor

Canvas app showing no data when linked to a model driven app

Hi,

Just starting out in Powerapps and following the Microsoft PowerApps tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTejWljB5mo).

Have followed & built eveything in the tutorial up until 38 min 16 sec in where a Label is inserted onto the Gallery in the canvas app & is then linked to the "Inspections" table in a previously built model driven app. In the tutorial it shows the date "created on" in the canvas app, but when I link to the "Inspections" table it is just blank.

This is a very simple tutorial & the "Inspections" table only has 1 item in it (which I have checked is in my model driven app). Can anyone please help?

Kind Regards

5 REPLIES 5
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Extractor 

Have you added the Inspections table to your canvas app as a Dataverse connector?

Extractor

Yes it is a Dataverse connector

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Extractor 

Put a datatable control on a screen and set its Items property to the Inspections table or better yet, go to your home screen and select the Dataverse option and then on the next screen select your Inspections table._1.jpg

I did this and it & it says "we didn't find any data to show at this time" underneath the headers of "Name" & "Created On"

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Extractor 

Let PowerApps build the app and then see how the fields are named.  BTW, "Name" is a reserved word in PowerApps and should not be used as a column name in the table. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,071)