Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

Canvas apps for external users

Hello,

Can anyone please help on details license requirements for external users to use Canvas apps?

Thanks,

Anna Jhaveri

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
5 REPLIES 5
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

Hi @annajhaveri

External users will need to be added to the tenant AAD, have a valid Power Apps licence (which can be from their tenant), and have any underlying data sources shared with them as any other user. If you run into difficulties beyond that, check with the tenant Global Admin to make sure they don't have external users restricted as part of a security role or other policy. 

Hope that helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@BCLS776  thanks for response, in my case the user will be a microsoft account (live or hotmail) and data source will be SharePoint list, so they wont have PowerApps license from tenant, in that case what license do i need to provide to license in my tenant?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer

It sounds like you have no premium connectors, so the basic licencing that comes with a Microsoft 365 Business Basic licence will work. That's the least expensive way that I am aware of.

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@BCLS776 yes no use premium connectors. I also read documentation that there is External users (authenticated) will be $ for 100 logins/month, is that applicable in this scenario?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

@annajhaveri wrote:

@BCLS776 yes no use premium connectors. I also read documentation that there is External users (authenticated) will be $ for 100 logins/month, is that applicable in this scenario?

You may be mixing up the licencing model used for Power Apps Portals with the other licencing model. A Portal is another way to share apps with external users but is typically used for Dataverse backends. A Portal makes sense if you have many external users and don't want to commit to month-by-month licence cost for those.

Bryan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,614)