cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Canvas editor - weird UI differences between apps

A new app I started yesterday have some weird UI differences in the canvas property panel on the right side; take a look:

inconsistent_ui.jpg

Inn App1 the property panel items are in a seemingly random order, whereas in App2 it's more logically grouped. Also in App1 the dropdown list that pops up have symbols now (the third screenclip). What's going on? They are on the same runtime. Also App1, if you click on a property which has a multiline formula, the text box does not expand; it only shows one line making it extremely annoying to scroll through.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @JohnP 

I believe you have the Enhanced formula bar setting set to true in App 2. To verify, go to File->Settings->Advanced settings->Experimental features->Enhanced formula bar

PowerAddict_0-1606020095178.png

Let me know if this helps. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Microsoft Certified Trainer MCT

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @JohnP 

I believe you have the Enhanced formula bar setting set to true in App 2. To verify, go to File->Settings->Advanced settings->Experimental features->Enhanced formula bar

PowerAddict_0-1606020095178.png

Let me know if this helps. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Microsoft Certified Trainer MCT

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

View solution in original post

@PowerAddict 

Yes, you are right! Seems that this feature is broken at the moment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (50,897)