cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meklulose
Frequent Visitor

Canvas power app- delegation warning with LookUp

Hi all, 

I am currently trying to look up item of a list in SharePoint. The following is what I am using

LookUp('Request','Created By'.Email = user.mail && 'file:ID'.Id = ComboBox.Selected.file.Id && 'Status'.Value = "Given" && 'Access'.Value = "Edit" ,true)

•  Request is the name of the list in SharePoint
  • user.Mail is referring to variable that get the current user profile
  • file.ID is a lookup field and I am comparing it's ID that to the combo box I have added in the canvas app where user can select which file they want to pick. The information here is being taken from different list but they have this common column. 
  • Status and Access is a choice column. User can only select 1 item which I am using to compare.

If power app can find item that matches the given condition then it should given true value back. This is working as expected but it is giving a delegation warning. I am unsure how to work around it. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
meklulose
Frequent Visitor

okay the delegation warning is related to using the 'file:ID'.ID. So instead of using that I just used the look column 'file'.Value which now has fixed the warning. This means that I will have to compare it to a title field which I don't have issue with. But if anyone is having the same issue and need the look up ID then I suggest when they make look up column in SharePoint to pick the ID as the column and then when you do 'file'.Value, you will get the ID. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
meklulose
Frequent Visitor

okay the delegation warning is related to using the 'file:ID'.ID. So instead of using that I just used the look column 'file'.Value which now has fixed the warning. This means that I will have to compare it to a title field which I don't have issue with. But if anyone is having the same issue and need the look up ID then I suggest when they make look up column in SharePoint to pick the ID as the column and then when you do 'file'.Value, you will get the ID. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (4,437)