cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Creative1

Capture Image and Save to Sharepoint Library

Confused…

Baby steps I take and then I think I get it only to find I have to rethink or redo everything.

Todays challenge is working with Sharepoint I have set up a document library that holds incoming invoices, cash receipts and the like for my micro business. 

The library currently has columns, name, modified date, modified by and invoice date.  Manually I added amount

I have then created a powerapps app that I want to use to save time and effort by photographing the receipts and invoices as I go and recording them in the sharepoint list.

All was going okay sort of with hair remaining in place until I came to the image part…And I am getting totally bozzled.

Is what I have currently…I have dragged the image control onto the data card in a space at the bottom the image is me mucking about and one I happen to have.

My think is I need to add a card for Name and insert the image control in that card.  I don’t know if that is good thinking or not.

But when I do that I get Office365 inserted and this is a label not a text box as such. 

Somehow I have to tie the image control to the Name column in Sharepoint, and for whatever reason I cant see how to do that.

Attached in word with images is a copy of the above.

What am I missing in my thinking?

7 REPLIES 7
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Creative1 ,

if i understand you correct you are trying to do a scan and upload to an image is that correct?

If yes then you have to choose Media->Camera Control , not an image control.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Hi @Creative1 

Please check this video if it is helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QeOILfo1Bw

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Thanks...I think.  The video whilst kind of helpful has also added confusion to my task.

I honestly thought this would be a good first project to dip my toes into this new tool.  I am seriously wondering...

ANyway, my confusion form the video centres around a few issues.

- Why is the image stored as multiline text in the sharepoint list? 

- Sharepoint has a picture column type why not use that?

- My current sharepoint list has a column Name that stores the image, well a PDF.  Do I need to change this?

- When I open the list in Sharepoint in quick edit an additional column is shown Type do I need to talk to this in powerapps?

- I have added the controls as per the video but fail to follow how to tie the camera image back to the column I already have in the list

Sorry if this is obvious to a more experienced person, but hey we all start somewhere...

Specifically I am getting thoroughly mucked up with
Patch(ShowAttachments,Defaults(ShowAttachments),{Name:})
As I read this it is a patch(whatever that is) that is going to ShowAttachments, I am thinking this is meant as the image from our camera.  What I am not seeing is why this knows the image is from the camera. As I read the Patch as written it is showing an attachment any attachment from anywhere.
Then I am assuming from the video I would add my column name from my Sharepoint list being Name...however then the video starts talking about text fields and again I dont follow why?
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Creative1 ,

Do you want to capture images from your PowerApps app to your SP Library?

Please check and see if the following video resource could help in your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQVYid1p_vA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXWyDgDEHPo

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Kris

Yes thats exactly what I want to do.  I havent got time now to watch the videos, but will in the morning.

Thanks very much.

Hi @Creative1 ,

Yeah, if you have solved your problem base don the video resource I provided above, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (911)