Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ram3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Capture employee values from multiple datacards into a single datacard

Hello, I have multiple screens.

On Screen 1, I have a field which captures employee name. On Screen 2, the name captured in Screen 1 should be shown in the dropdown. Similarly on Screen 3, the names captured in Screen 1 and Screen 2 should appear in the dropdown. How do I achieve this?

As attached in the pictures, in Screen 1, a name would be captured for Trade Discipline Lead. Now, in Screen 2, this Trade Discipline Lead name should appear in the dropdown value WW Rework to. Similarly, the Trade Discipline Lead in Screen 1 and WW Trade Lead in Screen 2 should appear in the Screen 3's Controller Rework to...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thank you @eka24 .

For some reasons, your solution was not working for me. Instead, I added the Set formula to the "OnChange" property of the dropdown as shown in the attached. Then I created a collection to capture the value. This was later referenced as Items in the next screen. That way, it worked for me... 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Kindly follow these steps:
1. Set a variable that will capture the item in the first screen:

Set(SeletedItem,Dropdown1.Selected.Value)

Or Set(SeletedItem,Dropdown1.Selected.YourColumnName)

If the dropdown is Disticnt then use: Set(SeletedItem,Dropdown1.Selected.Result)

2. On Screen2 Put the variable SeletedItem in the Default of the Dropdown2

3.On Screen3 Put the variable SeletedItem in the Default of the Dropdown3

If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

thank you @eka24  for your response. But I'm getting an error in Step 1...Please see the picture attached.

eka24
Super User III
Super User III

The variable should be put in Onvisible of the Screen instead of where you have put it.

For the first Dropdown, Follow the normal selection we know when selecting from a dropdown.

After the normal selecting of any item from the dropdown, the variable will automatically pick the item selected.

Then it will automatically send to dropdowns on screen 2 and screen3.

From your picture, Displayname is a column in your table.

There is no OnVisible property. However, there is only Visible property and when I added the function provided, it completely removed the variable.

eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Attached Screenshot.

Kindly follow these steps:
1. Set a variable OnVisible of Your Screen1 (The screen where your first Dropdown is located) that will capture the item in the first screen:

Set(SeletedItem,Dropdown1.Selected.Value)

Or Set(SeletedItem,Dropdown1.Selected.YourColumnName)

If the dropdown is Distinct then use: Set(SeletedItem,Dropdown1.Selected.Result)

2 As you have already done put your Datasource on the items of your all dropdowns (I guess is the same tablename for all the 3 dropdowns)

3. On Screen2 Put the variable SeletedItem in the Default of the Dropdown2

4. Repeat Step2: On Screen3 Put the variable SeletedItem in the Default of the Dropdown3

If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

thank you @eka24 .

For some reasons, your solution was not working for me. Instead, I added the Set formula to the "OnChange" property of the dropdown as shown in the attached. Then I created a collection to capture the value. This was later referenced as Items in the next screen. That way, it worked for me... 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (16,263)