cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnRavas
Frequent Visitor

Card for a required field does not display the * The StarVisible control is not appearing

I have a PowerApps form that was created from a SharePoint list.  One of my required fields is not showing the *  It seems that the StarVisible control associated with that field is missing.  I cannot figure out how to get it back.  I made 2 attempts to create a new one as a label control and it is not working. I get about 90% of the way thru the definition and the control just disappears.  I am not sure what I am missing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is Fields part under the Layout, could you please take a check to see if you could hide or delete the problematic DataCard?

If the DataCard could be deleted, then after deleting, refresh the Data Source, the field should be added automatically, which would allow you to customize again.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

You should be able to get the related DataCard back by change the Visible under the Data List:

Click the ListName under the Data, then under Fields, choose the proper field:

See the screenshot:

67.PNG

For how to work with Form control, see:

Understand form in PowerApps

EditForm and Display form in PowerApps

Besides, for the "*", which is a Label control, with the Visible property configured to:

And(Parent.Required, Parent.DisplayMode=DisplayMode.Edit)

Regards,

Michael

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Michael, thank you for responding.  I attached a screenshot below.  As you can see in the card, the required asterisk is missing.  I tried creating a label card with all of the attributes of another one, including the hide/when formula that you suggested.  However, it seems after I enter that formula, the StarVisible card just disappears.  I would think that, even if the visible formula was wrong, I could click on the card and correct it.  I have tried twice to add the card with the same results.  Your screenshot also shows a link to click above the Field/Edit row.  I don't have that option.

PowerAppsCardMissingAsterisk.JPG

I appreciate your assistance.

There is Fields part under the Layout, could you please take a check to see if you could hide or delete the problematic DataCard?

If the DataCard could be deleted, then after deleting, refresh the Data Source, the field should be added automatically, which would allow you to customize again.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

After playing with this further, I found that your solution worked perfectly.  Deleting the card had no affect on the existing data in the list.  It is really odd that the * label card disappeared in the first place.  Thank you for your assistance 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,468)