cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Cards in form mis-sized

Like many of you, we are building an app for folks to confirm symptoms before entering some parts of our facility. Nothing fancy or complex. It is a simple, two screen app, one screen to collect the data and one screen to say thanks.

Under some set of conditions (I don't fully understand the trigger) the cards inside the form are not sized correctly - they come out about 6 times higher than I expect.

The data entry screen has a few decorations and a single form (data connector is a SharePoint list). There are nine cards inside the form. Two span the whole form, the others are arranged in one or two columns depending on screen size. Only those arranged in the two columns are the wrong height.

The form's height is computed as the the height of the screen less the height of the elements above/below the form.  That calculation is always correct. The size of the cards inside form are a constant (59 pxt high).  Snap-to-grid is turned off.

There are only two elements inside each card - a checkbox and a label (I removed the error text and other default elements). Each of those are less than 59 high. I confirmed at one point by drawing a box around them that it is the card, not the elements inside the card that are too big.

I'm attaching a couple of screen shots to demonstrate what I'm experiencing.  In one you can see what it looks like when the rendering goes wonky.  The numbers just about the questions are a text element I put in for debugging, they show the current screen height (774) and the current form height (499.6).  Each card has an element that shows its height (365).

In the other image you can see that the card size is  a constant (59).

99 times out of 100 everything works as expected.  The bad values only show up rarely. I've confirmed it is usually when the form size is around 500. I've confirmed the problem happens in multiple browsers (at least in Edge (both versions) and Chrome).  It does not always happen at a given screen size.  For example I've seen examples of the error showing up at 499.5, and a bit later at the same size I can't reproduce the error.

Any thoughts, ideas or hints would be appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,479)