cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Serg20
Frequent Visitor

Carry gallery context to popup then another screen

So I've got a tickets gallery where if I press a ticket it navigates to the ticket details screen with this code OnSelect:

Spoiler
EditForm(TicketDetailsForm);
Navigate(TicketdetailsPage,ScreenTransition.Fade,
{EditRecord:ThisItem, type:ThisItem.Status, assign:ThisItem.AssignedTo, Area:ThisItem.AccountName, priority:ThisItem.Priority, subjectdisabled:true, subjectfill:RGBA(0,0,0,0), subject_visible:true, description_disabled:true, description_bordercolor:RGBA(0,0,0,0), description_fill:RGBA(0,0,0,0), description_visible:true, commentdisabled:true, commentbordercolor:RGBA(0,0,0,0), commentfill:RGBA(0,0,0,0),
commentvisible:true})

Now, I wanna change it up a bit and make it so when you click on a ticket, a popup screen pops up with three different options: Details, Material and Hours which would respectively take me to another screen of their own (DetailsScreen, MaterialScreen, HoursScreen). I've already created the popup with the three buttons, but I cannot figure out how to carry the information of the original ticket gallery onto these buttons, any help?

Serg20_0-1657898151969.pngSerg20_1-1657898159972.png

2 REPLIES 2
CNT
Super User
Super User

@Serg20 In the OnSelect of the Gallery, use a global variable to store the selected record. This value will then be available in all the subsequent screens.

Set(gblSelectedTicket, Self.Selected)

Please remember to give a 👍 and accept my solution as it will help others in the future.

Serg20
Frequent Visitor

Hi,
It didn't let me use the Self.Selected because "name isn't valid"??
I ended up solving it by replacing the Self.Selected with the previous variable I already had:

Spoiler
{EditRecord:ThisItem, type:ThisItem.Status, assign:ThisItem.AssignedTo, Area:ThisItem.AccountName, priority:ThisItem.Priority, subjectdisabled:true, subjectfill:RGBA(0,0,0,0), subject_visible:true, description_disabled:true, description_bordercolor:RGBA(0,0,0,0), description_fill:RGBA(0,0,0,0), description_visible:true, commentdisabled:true, commentbordercolor:RGBA(0,0,0,0), commentfill:RGBA(0,0,0,0),
commentvisible:true}

Serg20_0-1657921279844.png

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,359)