cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoweraNoob
Regular Visitor

Cascade Dropdown with Dates

Hi All,

I'm pretty new to powerapp and I've been searching everywhere for hours for a solution and cannot figure it out! .

I am building a event registration form where the data will go into a Sharepoint List titled "Event Registration". The users select a date for an event that they would like to attend from a drop down field. The field is a drop down list and not a date picker. The date of events in the drop down list are populated from a list of events from another sharepoint list "External Date Courses".

In order to populate the list of event dates, I used cascade drop down where a user selects:

1. Category

2. Event Name (Dependant on the Category chosen.

3. Event dates (Dependant on the Event Name.

I have managed to get the first two drop down list (Category and Event Name) to work but with the drop-down for dates, it comes up with an error in the Update property of the card that the value expected is date and the item is a record. I have the following in the Update formula bar:

drpEventDate.Selected

Please help! I'm wracking my brain . Thank you. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,235)