cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cascade dropdown for LookUp type of column

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me with cascading dropdown query. I have a Lookup type column called "Milestone A" in sharepoin list called "Key Cross-Project Dependencies". It's bringing column "Title" from list called "Consolidated Milestones".

What I want is to restrict list of items, showing in dropdown, based on "Project" selected in ComboBox. I manage to retrieve this filtered list into a dropdown using this formula in item property

Filter('Consolidated Milestones', 'Project Title' = ComboBox3.Selected.'Project Title').

Problem is that when I submit the form, column "Milestone A" is not getting updated. I guess it has something to do with fact that I haven't used list "Key Cross-Project Dependencies" as a source in item propery of that dropdown.

Is there anyone who can help me out here? I would be gratefull for any advice / guidance.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavlous

Similiar issue is described here
Also solutions is there.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_Timmins
Resolver II
Resolver II

hi @Anonymous 

working from memory here. 

I think you can do something like: 

Filter('Key Cross-Project Dependencies'.'Milestone A', 'Project Title' = ComboBox3.Selected.'Project Title')

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Luke

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Luke,

many thanks for you help. I tried your formula, but it still seems to need some modification. Formula itself is ok, but when I use it for items propery, the dropdown feature is not working at all. I think it might be because there is no choice command in formula?

Thank you

Lukas

Pavlous

Similiar issue is described here
Also solutions is there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll buy you a beer for this one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,013)