cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sterbella
Frequent Visitor

Cascading Combo Box with the second combo box in a Gallery not filtering

We have many departments, based on the departments function they are allowed to order specific supplies. I'm building a powerapp to that end. I have two SharePoint lists. Supplies and SupplyRequests

Supplies has two columns, Department, SupplyItem

SupplyRequests has Department, SupplyItem and OrderQuatity

I have a combo box where users select their department. In a Gallery bellow I have a combo Box that list SupplyItems that I want to Filter based on the Department selected.

Currently I have the supplyItems combo box pulling the supplyitems from the supplies list but they are not being filtered. When I try to filter the data I keep getting errors.

Any examples would be greatly appreciated!

Ken

2 REPLIES 2
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @sterbella 

check this post

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Cascading-Combo-Box/td-p/88172

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sterbella ,

Could you tell me the data type of 

Supplies: Department, SupplyItem

SupplyRequests : Department, SupplyItem and OrderQuatity?  (5 fields)

Since both the two lists have Department, SupplyItem field, I am a little confused.

Could you describe more clearly about filtering SupplyItem(from which list) based on Department(from which list)?

show me the Items of Department combo box?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,124)