cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Cascading Dropdowns Onchange choices as radio control

Hi @tchin-nin, Thanks for the response.

i am using dropdown control and i am not able to save the data into master list. can this is possible or not if not than i can invest more time on this using different approaches.

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

Pretty sure it had work for me, but cannot make it work anymore. I'm trying other approach.

Otherwise, if you can use a Single line of text that will serve you as a "light" look up, it should work. But you have to be aware that as a light lookup, updating data in the looked up list wont update data in your master list.

To do so, just replace the update property of your Datacard by Dropdownlist.Selected.Value and make the Default property of the dropdown to if(SharePointForm.Mode=FormMode.New,"",ThisItem.SingleLineofTextColumn).

Shane Young as quite a good video on this https://youtu.be/43ekj5MlNJU

Théo

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @tchin-nin Even i have tried as well to make it as Single Line Text but no luck.

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,
Have you refresh your data source ?
Replace the textbox input by a drop-down list control.
Set the Items property of the ddl : Filter('sharepointlist', columnlookedup.id=previousddl.selected.id).displayValue
Set the default property of the ddl : If(form.formmode=formmode.edit,ThisItem.Column)
Set the Update property of the Datacard : dropdownlist.selected.value
?
Can you provide some screenshot of which error you're facing ?
Theo

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,526)