cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UKCALA
Frequent Visitor

Cascading a dropdown with a search box with a gallery

Hi all, hoping for a little help for a PowerApps newbie!

I've got 2 SharePoint lists that are driving an app for creating a shopping cart. First list is "Products" Second is "Customers" my list of Customers is 12,000 so I'm not sure if this will even work well....

I've got a Customers Gallery. A column in the SharePoint list is "Sales Man" a list of Sales Areas. I'm using this to create a dropdown to filter by distinct "Sales Man"

Sort(Distinct(Customers,'Sales Man'),Result)

I then want to have a search box below, so the app user can firstly filter by their own sales area, then filter by another couple of columns from the SharePoint List.

These results should be displayed in the gallery. I can get the gallery to work with the search box by using; 

Search(Customers,SearchBox_1.Text,"City", "{Name}")

I can get the dropdown to work with the gallery by using;

Filter(Customers,'Sales Man'=Dropdown1.Selected.Result)

How do I set it up so that The primary is the dropdown filter, then the search box searches the list of filtered customers in the gallery from the result of the dropdown?

Hopefully this makes sense, like I say, I'm very new to this wonderful tool!!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,886)