cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MercyZOUS

Cascading combobox doesnt save selected choices to Sharepoint master list

I am building an app with 2 datasources (SP lists) which need to be submitted to one master list

SP List 1 - Country, Language, other language, implementer

SP List 2 (also master list) - country,  Language(dropdown cascading off country),  Employee(miultichoice combobox cascading filtered off country), other columns

The cascading functionality works on all fields. the expected behavior is that the language and list of implementers will be filtered by country. i am able to see and select from the filtered options as expected

the issue is the employee field wont write back to the master list. all the other fields populate as expected

Country dropdown

ITEMS: Sort(Distinct(CountriesLanguages,Title),Result)

Employee combobox details

ITEM: Sort(Filter(CountriesLanguages, Title = Countrydropdown.Selected.Result),'Implementer(s)')

UPDATE: ComboBox1.SelectedItems

Form ONSELECT SubmitForm(Form3);ResetForm(Form3);Navigate('UAT success')

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

M

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @MercyZOUS ,

I am going to take a guess here you are describing a Lookup field in SharePoint. I have a blog as to why these are a bad idea, but moving on, (and I am assuming below the actual output of the Combo Box), but this is the syntax you need.

ForAll(
   ComboBox1.SelectedItems,
   {      
      Id: ID, 
      Value: 'Implementer(s)'
   }
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @MercyZOUS ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (100,647)