Did you mean: 
sk2912 Helper II
Helper II

Cascading dependent dropdown for choices coloumn

Hello Everyone,

I have 2 SP lists :

- List 1 (Offers made)

- List 2 (Offers  accepted)

For both of these lists i have made forms. List 1 form has to be completely filled by a person.

List 1 contains : Name, address, order number, company name (Normal single line text coloumn), product(Choice column)

LIst 2 contains : Name, address, order number, company name (Normal single line text coloumn), product(Choice column),  

confimation date.

Order will be same for a complete order.

What i have done is i have made a cascading depending dropdown in List 2 forms . So when I  insert name and order number then the fileds autopopulate based on the order number.

I was able to make cascade dropdown for all excapt Product which is a choice coloumn. I was not able to select them in power apps, beacuse the value table in properties did not showed me the product to select values from.

Is there other methond for choice coloumn to make it cascading ?

Please let me know how to make cascading dependent dropdown for a choice coloumn. If possible please reply as soon as possible.

I have attached some images too.

Other dependent cascading with normal text coloumn.PNGNo product tab available to select in value section.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Cascading dependent dropdown for choices coloumn

Hello @sk2912 ,

I have just picked up your post from the unanswered list and will try to help you. Firstly, my suggestion will involve a different method to what you are currently exploring. Please substitute any example names that are not yours with your own.

So I can get your requirements clear in my mind

• You have a list of offers made
  • You have a list of offers accepted
  • There is an order number field common to both
  • You have a category field in the offers made that is a choice field in Dropdown2 (from a Distinct filter) and you want to auto-populate this into a text field in offers accepted when the user selects a record and navigates to the next screen. You have currently succeeded in having other values populates using DropDown functionality but cannot get the Category text control in this list AcceptCat to do this.

Firstly, there is more than one way I can think of that will do this, however I will suggest what I believe is the easiest.

When you select a record to go to the next screen, add the following to the end of the code.

Set(vCat,DropDown2.Selected.Result);
Reset(AcceptCat)

In the Default value of AcceptCat

If(
   !isBlank(vCat),
   vCat,
   Parent.Default    //or whatever it is now
)

This will populate the field on the second screen with the value selected on the first screen.

And lastly when exiting the second screen - put this at the end of the code to reset the variable

Set(vCat,Blank())

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
WarrenBelz Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Cascading dependent dropdown for choices coloumn

Hello @sk2912 ,

I have just picked up your post from the unanswered list and will try to help you. Firstly, my suggestion will involve a different method to what you are currently exploring. Please substitute any example names that are not yours with your own.

So I can get your requirements clear in my mind

• You have a list of offers made
  • You have a list of offers accepted
  • There is an order number field common to both
  • You have a category field in the offers made that is a choice field in Dropdown2 (from a Distinct filter) and you want to auto-populate this into a text field in offers accepted when the user selects a record and navigates to the next screen. You have currently succeeded in having other values populates using DropDown functionality but cannot get the Category text control in this list AcceptCat to do this.

Firstly, there is more than one way I can think of that will do this, however I will suggest what I believe is the easiest.

When you select a record to go to the next screen, add the following to the end of the code.

Set(vCat,DropDown2.Selected.Result);
Reset(AcceptCat)

In the Default value of AcceptCat

If(
   !isBlank(vCat),
   vCat,
   Parent.Default    //or whatever it is now
)

This will populate the field on the second screen with the value selected on the first screen.

And lastly when exiting the second screen - put this at the end of the code to reset the variable

Set(vCat,Blank())

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,530)