cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Cascading dropdown issue

Hello All,

I have inbuild cascading dropdown in my power app. I am able to view the data in the dropdown both in edit and preview mode, but once I publish the app I am unable to view those data in my dropdown.

Please find the attachment and let us know in case of any more information needed.

Note:- Both delayed load and explicit column selection are off.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

S

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

You attachment is not downloading. Can you send New attachment or paste it in the message

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hello,

My app reads and writes data from the SharePoint list. For the last week, all worked perfectly reading and updating the data.

Then 2 days ago I had to make some changes in my cascading dropdown columns in the App which I have done in edit mode.

Once I made the changes, I refreshed the data source for the App and the data got reflected in the cascade dropdown. Then I saved and published the App.

Since then I cant see those data in the cascade dropdown in publish view.

So I again opened the App in edit view but the data is not visible in the cascade dropdown. Again I refreshed the data source, the data got reflected. But the same data is not reflected in cascade dropdown once I publish the App.

I have tried to delete and add again the data source in the App edit mode, but still, the issue persists once the app is published.

A) First Issue:- While in Edit mode of the App, every time I have to refresh the data source so that values can reflect in the cascading dropdown. (Note:- Data source for the App is SharePoint and all the values are constant in SharePoint)

B) Second Issue:- Once I can view those cascading dropdown data value after refreshing the app in edit mode, then as I publish the app I can't view those data.

Any other suggestions which would save me having to build the app again from scratch because already many of my team members used the App two days ago while it was working fine and data got collected in the SharePoint. Making the App from scratch will make me input all that previously filled data to fill again.

Both issues snapshot attached.

Thanks and Regards,

S

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,990)