Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ocin33
Helper II
Helper II

Cascading dropdown not showing data on the sharepoint list

Hello,

I have created cascading dropdown form, basing on the other Sharepoint list. When I put new item into Sharepoint list dropdowns show proper data. Unfortunately, the saved record on this list shows that there are no data in the columns basing on the dropdowns. It seems that list do not get this data despite the fact, there are shown during form completion. Do you have any tip what to do to see this data in the list? Do I have to put some otrher formula to execute this data appearance?

Below you can see the screens of formulas and lacking data:

dropdown1.PNG

dropdown2.PNG

form.PNG

form2.PNG

Lacking data after saving.jpg

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ocin33 ,

OK. These two columns are Choices Columns from 'Zglaszanie usterek i awarii' list, but I found the Items of combo boxes are all from 'Baza danych - sprzet' list.

First, make sure that the values combo boxes get from 'Baza danych - sprzet' list are included in the Choices column options.

For example, the combo box items in Obszar data card should be all included in the Obszar column's choices options, If they are beyond these choices options, you need to add the new value to the Choices value in Obszar column.

Snipaste_2020-04-03_14-59-05.png

Second, modify the Update property of Obszar Data card:

LookUp(Choices('Zglaszanie usterek i awarii'.Obszar ), Value=DataCardValue8.Selected.Result)

modify the Update property of Sprzet Data card:

LookUp(Choices('Zglaszanie usterek i awarii'.Sprzet ), Value=DataCardValue6.Selected.Result)

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

What is the Update property of these 2 drop down data cards?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict
https://thepoweraddict.com

You mean this information that I attach? If not, please tell me where to find it (I am total SharePoint begineer 😞 )

Actually my bad. I would like to see the Update property of the data cards, not the drop downs. So if you click on the data card that has the dropdown, you should see an Update property.

Also, we all were beginners at one time so it's no problem at all!

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict
https://thepoweraddict.com

I hope that now I attach correct screens

Hi @ocin33 ,

What are the column types of Obszar and Sprzet columns?

If they are Single line of text column, please modify the Update property of Data cards: DataCardValue6.Selected.Result and DataCardValue8.Selected.Result

If they are LookUp columns reference from 'Baza danych - sprzet' list, Please modify the Update property of Obszar Data card: 

{
'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
Id: LookUp('Baza danych - sprzet', Obszar =DataCardValue8.Selected.Result , ID),
Value: DataCardValue8.Selected.Result
}

{
'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
Id: LookUp('Baza danych - sprzet', Sprzet =DataCardValue6.Selected.Result , ID),
Value: DataCardValue6.Selected.Result
}

If this doesn't make sense, please post back the column type of two columns.
Sik

Hello,

these columns are Choice type

Hi @ocin33 ,

OK. These two columns are Choices Columns from 'Zglaszanie usterek i awarii' list, but I found the Items of combo boxes are all from 'Baza danych - sprzet' list.

First, make sure that the values combo boxes get from 'Baza danych - sprzet' list are included in the Choices column options.

For example, the combo box items in Obszar data card should be all included in the Obszar column's choices options, If they are beyond these choices options, you need to add the new value to the Choices value in Obszar column.

Snipaste_2020-04-03_14-59-05.png

Second, modify the Update property of Obszar Data card:

LookUp(Choices('Zglaszanie usterek i awarii'.Obszar ), Value=DataCardValue8.Selected.Result)

LookUp(Choices('Zglaszanie usterek i awarii'.Sprzet ), Value=DataCardValue6.Selected.Result)

Hope this helps.

Sik

It works! Many thanks 😄

I have another question (do not know if I can ask it here ). I need a kanvas app based on this edited form but when I try to create it there are no same data to put into the formula. How can I create the same form as a kanvas app?

app basing on edited form.PNG

Hi @ocin33 ,

Do you mean you cannot find  'Baza danych - sprzet' list?

You have to connect that list to the app first. Please add the SharePoint list to the app in the data source interface on the left.

Snipaste_2020-04-03_16-16-41.png

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,581)