cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NBMS_2019
Helper II
Helper II

Cascading dropdown with multiple levels

I have seen many youtube videos where person chooses a state from a dropdown then next drop will show cities for that state using Power Apps.

I need some guidance on how to do this by looking at the chart below. If you know of a Youtube, please enter the link here.

So basically, when a user chooses "Assertiveness" skills from the skills dropdown, the next role dropdown values will only show roles that is = Y.

Thank you for any help.

roles.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

In your data source how are the skills associated with the roles?   Are you using lookup data sources or is everything all in one?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

I plan on creating three SharePoint lists eg Main list to call the SharePoint list for skills and another SharePoint list for roles but I just don't know how to set-up the look-up - one record in a list can be associated with one or more records in another list.

For example, Skills SharePoint List

Assertiveness can have multiple lookup roles.

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

The easiest way to do this is a flat reference (Key/Value Pairs).   If I were doing this I would choose to have the roles list reference the skills list.   So your skills list would have a single row for each skill.

In your roles list you will need a lookup column to the skills list.   Then you will need to create an individual entry for each role/skill combo.   So it might look something like this:

Role Skill
HRBP Director Assertiveness
HRBP Director Business Acumen
HRBP Director Listening Skills
HRBP Manager Persuasion/Influence
HRBP Manager Listening Skills

Then in your power app your cascading dropdowns would look something like this.

Role Dropdown Items:

GroupBy(SharepointDataSource, "Roles", "Details")

Skills Dropdown items:

Rolesdd.Selected.Details.Skills

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,882)