cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dodge
Level: Powered On

Cell phone on-screen keyboard entry cuts off text boxes at bottom of app

I created a power app that has multiple text boxes to enter in order to create a new list item in SharePoint.  The text boxes work fine and the SharePoint list is created fine.  My issue seems to be associated with the entry of content in the last two text boxes on the app for the mobile instance of the power app.  When I select the text box to enter content, the on-screen keyboard pops up from the bottom of the cell phone which is standard, but the text box that i selected is not hidden behind the on-screen keyboard.  The app did not scroll up so that I can see what is entered into the text box.  I have attached an image from the cell phone that shows that text box is hidden behind the on-screen keyboard on the cell phone.  Is there a configuration setting that I missed that would rectify this behavior?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Cell phone on-screen keyboard entry cuts off text boxes at bottom of app

Hi @Dodge ,

Do you mean that the textinput control will hide behind the keyboard?

I've made a similar test but not met the same problem like your description.

My keyboard will jump to the textinput blow automatically.

Inked2019-12-31+104841_LI.jpg

Here's my test for your reference:

1)my app's setting:

12313.PNG

2)my device:

iphone xs

ios 13.3

the latest version powerapps

Here's a doc about system requirements of powerapps for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dodge and @v-yutliu-msft 

I faced a similar issue when I tried to test this out. I think the problem that was originally posted is actually that when the form has multiple text fields and the user wants to type in a field for which the user has to scroll, when the user clicks on the text input control, the keyboard partially hides the text input control. The user can scroll a bit further to fully view the the text input control but its not very user friendly. I will try to attach a video of my phone screen to further substantiate this. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
https://thepoweraddict.com

Dodge

Thanks for looking into this and providing some additional context.  My experience deviates somewhat from yours in that when the keyboard pops up, and it covers the text box from view for entry, there is no scroll present to move the textbox up to see what has been entered.  Very frustrating if you can't see what you are or have entered.

I am using a Samsung 10 with the latest updates to the Android OS.  I would have entered this before, but others in my team with other phones have a similar experience.  Hope that helps.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Dodge ,

Since my device doesn't have this problem ,so that should not be your app's setting problem, that should be powerapps itself layout problem.

What's more, there's no setting about improving this problem.

So I suggest you post this issue here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

If many people meet this problem and vote for you, Microsoft will look into this case.

If you are in emergency situation, I suggest you ask for help here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
CarlosMDC

Any news on this topic? I'm still experiencing this issue with the last entry controls that hide behind the onboard keyboard in my phone. I can scroll down without issues but the app will stop scrolling upwards when the last control box appears at the bottom of the complete screen, not at the visible portion of the screen when the keyboard is showing up. In order to force the control box to displace upwards, I must exit the keyboard, then select the last control box to displace it and make everything scroll-able and visible.

All input controls on screen.pngAll available controls without keyboard enabledHidden and unscrollable controls behind keyboard.pngLast controls are hidden and unscrollable to make visibleForced upward displacement by selecting last control.pngonly visible and scrollable if I exit the keyboard and select the last control

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,250)