cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
leemex
Level: Powered On

Change 1 to 1:00 (change format based on input)

Hey there

I'm trying to auto-correct the input of a text field.

E.g. I'd like the field to contain values like "01:00", "08:00", "14:00", etc.

Users sometimes just type in "1", "14", or even "100" (stands for 1:00). However, my other formulas don't work anymore when they do so. How can I auto-correct those values into a format mentioned above?

Cheers 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Change 1 to 1:00 (change format based on input)

Hi @leemex,

Use a dropdown control loaded with the choices or two controls with hrs and min loaded. PowerApps automatically creates such controls for a date time column. As an alternative it’s easy to create a table on Excel with two columns of consecutive numbers 1 to 24 and  01 to 60 and import them as static tables to load into dropdown controls.  Then Concatenate the fields with “:” for the Update property of the datacard or in a Patch().

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @leemex,

Use a dropdown control loaded with the choices or two controls with hrs and min loaded. PowerApps automatically creates such controls for a date time column. As an alternative it’s easy to create a table on Excel with two columns of consecutive numbers 1 to 24 and  01 to 60 and import them as static tables to load into dropdown controls.  Then Concatenate the fields with “:” for the Update property of the datacard or in a Patch().

View solution in original post

leemex
Level: Powered On

I was thinking of a dropdown as well. Just thought there are different methods to make it more user-friendly. Guess I have to make it like this then. I also thought about creating rules which are changing the numbers directly after the user enters those. However, seems like whenever you'd like to define the "then do what" action, it is greyed out.

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,510)