cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasconnell

Change Color Options in Milestones

Hello,

I don't like the default color options in Milestones. I want to use my own company colors, or at least add them, to the options as I create different categories. How do I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thomasconnell Ah OK, so there seems to be a lot more to it, such as gblAppStyles being involved to give the nice colour selector functionality. So you would have to work your way through the controls, look on the left and reverse engineer it.

However if you are happy to do so you might find it easier to just work with the ultimate resulting data set:

HenryARPhillips_0-1620073398840.png

So take a look at Project Work Item Categories, Edit Data and add your Category and desired colour. Refresh the data source and you should be good to go.

HenryARPhillips_1-1620073505071.png

Thanks

Henry

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @thomasconnell ,

So if you really want to do this, remember although surfaced in Teams it is a good old Power App and can be pretty much customised to be that of which you desire.

Of course the more changes you make, the more you could break and there is a possible increase in upkeep but that doom and gloom speak aside.

Go into the Teams Power Apps App, select the App in question and once within the editor look for this collection in the App element of the App in the left hand navigation. Basically this is everything that occurs when the app is launched, some of which is populating collections (think tables), one of which stores the available colour selection options as shown below:

HenryARPhillips_1-1619891523817.png

Thanks

Henry

thomasconnell

To clarify, I have no idea where I go to see the control for the colors being used, and if I did, how do I add colors to the already existing palettes. I hope that makes more sense. 

Thank you, I was able to add one color as a test, but I guess there is another step I would have to do to make it available to select for milestone categories, etc?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thomasconnell Ah OK, so there seems to be a lot more to it, such as gblAppStyles being involved to give the nice colour selector functionality. So you would have to work your way through the controls, look on the left and reverse engineer it.

However if you are happy to do so you might find it easier to just work with the ultimate resulting data set:

HenryARPhillips_0-1620073398840.png

So take a look at Project Work Item Categories, Edit Data and add your Category and desired colour. Refresh the data source and you should be good to go.

HenryARPhillips_1-1620073505071.png

Thanks

Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,769)