cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EliasGrabh

Change Excelfile with Flow

Hey There - I have a Question. 
I create an Powerapp, to safe data to an excel file. I need to safe it in 10 different places, but the Excel table always looks the same, but is in different folders, with unique information each. 
The user needs to make a decision in the beginning, where he can choose between the 10 places to safe. 
My question now is, if there is any chance to just make one edit screen, one browse screen, and one detail screen?
and the data gets saved, depending on the decision made before?
Or do I really need to do a screen for each place and in the end I have like 30 screens?
Thanks alot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@EliasGrabh ,

You should need to decide the data source before the form is presented  (Screen OnVisible is good) - Basic logic -

If(
   ConditionA,
   TableA,
   ConditionB,
   TableB,
   ConditionC,
   TableC,
)

They have to be the same field names and types, but if displayed, SubmitForm() will work.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @EliasGrabh ,

Firstly you would need to connect all (10) data sources.

You could the use a conditional Patch command to send the data to whatever list you need to or a conditional DataSource property on a form and use SubmitForm.

A bit of logic involved, but in answer to your question, yes it is possible.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thanks @WarrenBelz,
for the quick answer.

Yeah I work with the SubmitForm and autoCreated form if I press "start from Excel Data"

Do you got anything where you can referr me to? So I can try that?
Thanks alot!

Or is there any way to get the 3 screens, that get created if i press "start from excel data" more then once? then I could repeat that for like 10 times  and i would have it too... 
Thanks alot

@EliasGrabh ,

You should need to decide the data source before the form is presented  (Screen OnVisible is good) - Basic logic -

If(
   ConditionA,
   TableA,
   ConditionB,
   TableB,
   ConditionC,
   TableC,
)

They have to be the same field names and types, but if displayed, SubmitForm() will work.

View solution in original post

thanks alot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (72,618)