cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Change Font Color

I am still learning and could use some help. 

I have a drop down that indicates if an item is Average, Below Average or Above Average.  I would like the display text (color) of the drop down to be red if the user selects Below Average.  I am using a sharepoint list and have already set my list to display these items in red, but I would also like to have those fields be red when someone edits/enters the powerapp form.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: Change Font Color

Almost there, you are just missing a . between Selected and Value, it should be Selected.Value

And you will want to put it on the HoverColor property, as well as set the HoverFill to White.

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Select the color property of the dropdown and set it to 

If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value = "Below Average", Red, Black)

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Could you give more detail on what dropdown1 would refer to?

Ex. - Would it be DataCardValue20 or my item name -  choices([@mylistname].Rating)  

I've tried the above with no success

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yes, it would be whatever the dropdown name on your datacard is, not the datacard itself. Set the color property on that.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I feel like an idiot but where do I find the dropdown name?  

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

It's okay.

The names of your controls on the tree view on the left:

Annotation 2019-12-31 103017.png

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Screenshot attached - should I assume that the name would be DataCardValue20?  That was my initial assumption but is does not work.

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Can you take a screenshot of the dropdown on your app and what you want it to be?

Sorry, rereading your question I think I get what you want now. You want something like this?

Annotation 2019-12-31 104626.png

If which case, set the HoverFill to White and use the formula on the HoverColor property.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

@KCM

Where is the drop down? inside the form or outside the form?

Do you mean you want the display text of dropdown to be red when the selected item is Below Average or the form is in edit mode?

If so, you need to modify the Color property as below:

If(DataCardValue20.Selected.Value="Below Average" Or FormName.Mode=FormMode.Edit Or FormName.Mode=FormMode.New,Red,Black)

Sik

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@KCM 

The steps that the user's are describing is as follows.

In the form select the data card on which you want to implement the functionality.

In the below image I wanted to implement the functionality on the drop down DROPPING I have selected the same.

Drop down selectionDrop down selection

Once you select this on the right hand side, you will see the name dropdown you have selected with options properties, advanced.

advancedadvanced

On the advanced tab, if you scroll down a little you will see the design part for the drop down and in that look for option Color

colorcolor

Here you can specify the condition shared by @v-siky-msft  and you will be able to see the options in different colors based on the condition.

If this information helps you, please hit the like button and mark the solution as resolved, so that it will help other users in future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,425)