cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Change Font Color

I am still learning and could use some help. 

I have a drop down that indicates if an item is Average, Below Average or Above Average.  I would like the display text (color) of the drop down to be red if the user selects Below Average.  I am using a sharepoint list and have already set my list to display these items in red, but I would also like to have those fields be red when someone edits/enters the powerapp form.  

13 REPLIES 13
Frequent Visitor

Let me explain better.

When someone selects Below Average as a choice on the dropdown I want the words Below Average to display in red on the form (in view, edit and new).  

I get an error message when I edit the color formula and the errors seem to have issue with the name of the field I am referencing (datacardvalue20).  This is the field.

hulldatacard.PNG

This is the form and words I want to appear in red when Below Average is chosen.

red.PNG

If I edit the Color I get an error that says DataCardValue20=This data type is unsupported for evaluation.

error.PNG

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Almost there, you are just missing a . between Selected and Value, it should be Selected.Value

And you will want to put it on the HoverColor property, as well as set the HoverFill to White.

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KCM ,

You mean you want display text of combo box to be red when it is "Below Average" whatever the mode of Form is.

If so, you almost get there. Just miss a dot between Selected and Value. Please modify your code as below:

If(DataCardValue20.Selected.Value="Below Average", RGBA(151,0,0,1),RGBA(51,51,51,1))

Sik

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,464)