cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inmarpvasadi
Frequent Visitor

Change Hyperlink filed in any View form in Model Driven app

Hi,

Just I started learning Power Apps few weeks ago and I have an issue, as by default behaviour of the Model Driven any  Form View, only Hyperlink activated Primary Key field (i.e Name). Is there any option to change this ? Please suggest?

Regards

Prasad Vasadi 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your email. Let me explain background, As I am a new to the Power apps, I used Primary key field (I.e Name) as a Category Code and this filed in the Active Category layout, when I am in the Active category list, if I hit Category Code filed, then it will popup another detail view.

I am planning to remove Category code which was by default Hyperlink behaviour filed from the Active Category list view.
So, I would like to assign this default behaviour to custom field which I created as Category Name.

Hope you understood my problem.

Regarding below solution, it will solve my problem, but not sure where I have to apply this as I am using make.powerapps.com web GUI to create model driven app.

It would be great if you can share few screen shots or any other tools which I can use do change as you suggested.

Regards
Prasad Vasadi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KrishnaV
Super User III
Super User III

Hi Prasad,

Please elaborate more like what field you want to make as a hyperlink or you want to remove the hyperlink for Title.

If you want to make any other field as a hyperlink, select the required control on the model-driven app and add the code as below:

<!-- Create a hyperlink to the Instructor page, passing the trainer contact id as a parameter.  Also display trainer name -->
  <b>Instructor for this class</b></p>
  <a href="{{instructorpage.url}}?id={{classentity.avngr_instructor.id}}">{{classentity.avngr_instructor.name}}</a>
  </p>

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your email. Let me explain background, As I am a new to the Power apps, I used Primary key field (I.e Name) as a Category Code and this filed in the Active Category layout, when I am in the Active category list, if I hit Category Code filed, then it will popup another detail view.

I am planning to remove Category code which was by default Hyperlink behaviour filed from the Active Category list view.
So, I would like to assign this default behaviour to custom field which I created as Category Name.

Hope you understood my problem.

Regarding below solution, it will solve my problem, but not sure where I have to apply this as I am using make.powerapps.com web GUI to create model driven app.

It would be great if you can share few screen shots or any other tools which I can use do change as you suggested.

Regards
Prasad Vasadi

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,516)