cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prathees
Frequent Visitor

Change Screen Size of App created from PowerBI

Hi,

I have created an app from PowerBI to have the PowerBIIntegration functionality. But I am unable to have a custom screen size. Is there any workaround?PowerAppsSreenSizeQuery.jpg

Regards

Prathees

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @prathees ,

Sorry, I did not know you need to use this function.

I'm afraid that  PowerBIIntegration.Refresh() function  could not work when you choose "choose app".

So you could only choose one way:

1)"choose app" :could not use PowerBIIntegration.Refresh() function, but can  customize screen size

2)""create new":could use PowerBIIntegration.Refresh() function, but can not customize screen size

Also, if you choose "create new", although you can not customize screen size, but you can drag the app in your report to the largest size : 1136*640, or to smaller size.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prathees ,

Do you want to change the screen size of the embed canvas app in power bi?

I've made a similar test and found that:

When you choose "create new" at the beginning, the app's size could not be modify(always the default value 1136*640).

However, if you choose "choose an app" at the beginning, the app's size could you modify.

So did you choose "create a new app" at the beginning?

To embed a customize size app, I suggest you choose an existing app at the beginning, then customize the existing app.You could change the app's screen size by changing the setting in "screen size" and drag it in the powerbi report.

2194.PNG

2192.PNG

2193.gif

Then you could customize the screen size.

About customize the screen size when choose "create new", I suggest you post your idea here:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply. But I wouldn't be getting 'PowerBIIntegration' functionality if I create an App from powerapps and then choose it from PowerBI. 

Hi @prathees ,

What do you mean "wouldn't be getting 'PowerBIIntegration' functionality"?

If you means that you can not get the automatically generated app by choose "create new", then that does not mean 'PowerBIIntegration' become invalid.

Choosing "choose app" need you to customize app on your own.

You still could use PowerBIIntegration object in this way.

PowerBIIntegration object is not a functionality. It is a read-only data source in the embed app.

After you choose "choose app", edit the app.

In this embed app, you could use PowerBIIntegration object like this:

First(PowerBIIntegration.Data).fieldname

2196.PNG

To sum up, if you want to get automatically generated app, choose "create new", in this situation, you can not customize screen size.

If you want to customize screen size, you need to click "choose app", then you will get existing app , not the automatically generated app.You could use First(PowerBIIntegration.Data).fieldname to get data of the powerbi report.

Here's a blog about this in details for your reference:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerbi-powerapps-visual/

Best regards,

Thanks for your reply. PowerBIIntegration.Refresh() function is only available when I create the app from from PowerBI as mentioned in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/powerapps-custom-visual.  PowerBIIntegration.Refresh() is critical for my App though. 

Hi @prathees ,

Sorry, I did not know you need to use this function.

I'm afraid that  PowerBIIntegration.Refresh() function  could not work when you choose "choose app".

So you could only choose one way:

1)"choose app" :could not use PowerBIIntegration.Refresh() function, but can  customize screen size

2)""create new":could use PowerBIIntegration.Refresh() function, but can not customize screen size

Also, if you choose "create new", although you can not customize screen size, but you can drag the app in your report to the largest size : 1136*640, or to smaller size.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Hi. I have chosen PowerBIIntegration.Refresh() over app size and have created the app from PowerBI. I have submitted an idea on the same as well. It would be great if that feature can be implemented sometime soon. Sorry for not being clear earlier. 

Hi @prathees ,

Yes, I hope so.

Thanks for your feedback!This will help product team improve this product a lot!

Do you have any other problems?

If not ,could you mark my answer as solution?

Thanks!😀

Best regards,

Hi @v-yutliu-msft , I have created a custom sized app in the way you explain, attempting to access fields in CDS/Dataverse tables. In your example you have been able to access the field 'Name'

However none of my fieldnames selected in PowerBi (screenshot 2021-03-09 (4)) for this embedded App are accessible for me in PowerApps (screenshot 2021-03-09 (5)). I have saved the PowerApp and the PowerBI report, i have closed them, reopened, and refreshed with no luck at accessing the fields.

The fields are only accessible when I CREATE A NEW APP from PowerBi (which obviously we dont want to do as we are limited by the size of the app)

Any ideas, why the fields are not being parsed from PowerBI to PowerApps?

I have the same problem.. I need to be able to refresh the data but also be able to use another size than 1x2 pixels in the powerBI report.. how can this feature have been released when its missing so many essential features?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,311)