cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyNeutron
Helper II
Helper II

Change a parameter within the API URL (Without using query)

I set up a connector that connects to a datasource and can grab a single record. The URL ends like this:

.com/api/items/12345

Right now the connector can only grab that one record's data. If I manually change the item number when editing the connector, I can get a different record's data.

I want to be able to change the last 5 digits in the app itself so I can change what record's data I view. I don't think a query parameter would work because this causes ?queryparameter= to appear in the URL. Like in the following example:

/items?id=12345

I only want to append the item number to the URL. Is there anyway to do this? Ideally in the actual app, I'd want the user to be able to type in a 5 digit number into a textbox, then when they click an "Enter" button, the button will pass that number through and collect the data. The OnSelect property might look something like this:

ClearCollect(CollectionName, ConnectDemo.GrabData(NumberInput.Text))

or

ClearCollect(CollectionName, ConnectDemo.GrabData(12345))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimmyNeutron
Helper II
Helper II

Update: Turns out I just needed a path. I just made the URL /api/items/{item} and it worked! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GarethPrisk
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar
JimmyNeutron
Helper II
Helper II

Update: Turns out I just needed a path. I just made the URL /api/items/{item} and it worked! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,879)