cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Khader
Level: Powered On

Change app name

Hi,

I am trying to rename an app that I edited (wasn't created by me). When I try to edit the name I get the below message: 

"This will also change the name of the published version of your app". Also, I get that the app is locked by me. 

Please assist. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
SmartMeter
Level 8

Re: Change app name

Hi Khader! You normally get the message that the app is "locked for edit in another session", and would you like to override the previous edit with this current session? It simply means you have more than one web edit going for an app. I see these all the time. I use chrome primarily, and I get this too. As for the rename of the existing app, regardless of the author this is just a warning to you that the app has been published and has a public face, so if you rename it, the public will be affected by the new name too. (sometimes it takes a while for it all to sync up though, so be patient.) What you can also do (to get a comfort level with the rename) is to make your own app generated against any datasource, then rename it to see how it goes before you rename the app folks have already been using. I always do this type of thing when I have any questions about the effect of a change I am making, since other people are using the code you are tweaking. Have fun with it, and best of luck! SmartMeter

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
SmartMeter
Level 8

Re: Change app name

Hi Khader! You normally get the message that the app is "locked for edit in another session", and would you like to override the previous edit with this current session? It simply means you have more than one web edit going for an app. I see these all the time. I use chrome primarily, and I get this too. As for the rename of the existing app, regardless of the author this is just a warning to you that the app has been published and has a public face, so if you rename it, the public will be affected by the new name too. (sometimes it takes a while for it all to sync up though, so be patient.) What you can also do (to get a comfort level with the rename) is to make your own app generated against any datasource, then rename it to see how it goes before you rename the app folks have already been using. I always do this type of thing when I have any questions about the effect of a change I am making, since other people are using the code you are tweaking. Have fun with it, and best of luck! SmartMeter

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,661)