Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Change button to image but retain button propertiee

Hi

I am pretty new to powerapps, in fact I am building my first one.

I have three buttons and I want to change the buttons to images but retain the same properties of each button.

How do I do this ?

Thanks in advance.

Jon
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Change button to image but retain button propertiee

Hi @jdrussell78 

You can place an image on the screen, it has OnSelect and DisplayMode properties as well. If you can share details about the scenario that you are trying to achieve, we might suggest you a better approach.

To add the image in your App, you need to navigate to:
Top Menu -> View -> Media -> Upload Image

Now, you can reference the uploaded image inside the Image control.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@jdrussell78 

Unforunately, you can't change a button into an image.  You have to copy and paste all of the properties from the button to the image manually.

There aren't any other controls where you can do this at all.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Thanks.

And how do I use an image ? Does the image have the same features as a button like OnSelect and DisplayMode ?
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @jdrussell78 

You can place an image on the screen, it has OnSelect and DisplayMode properties as well. If you can share details about the scenario that you are trying to achieve, we might suggest you a better approach.

To add the image in your App, you need to navigate to:
Top Menu -> View -> Media -> Upload Image

Now, you can reference the uploaded image inside the Image control.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Power Participant
Power Participant

@jdrussell78 

You may like button because it has OnSelect,.

An Image control also has OnSelect. That means that like a Button, an Image Control also can take action when the control is "pressed".

We do not believe you can put an Image into a Button, you can try upvote this:

Add Image into a button 

Does this help?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@jdrussell78 

Agreed with @yashag2255

Lets say your image is called MyImage1.  To use the image once you've uploaded it put this code in the Image property of the Picture.

MyImage1

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,988)