cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Change color on Hint Text in Searchbar?

Hi PowerApp'ers,

I can't seem to find anything about this anywhere, but is there a way to change the Hint Text color in a search bar?

I am trying to make my app look MS Native so my search is filled with a dark blue color and it doesn't go well with the gray Hint Text color.

I have tried the ColorFade, ColorValue & RGBA option from the functions menu, but can't get them to work.

Thanks for your time reading this.

Best regards.

Eddi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Re: Change color on Hint Text in Searchbar?

Hi EddiPowers,

This is currently not supported. Perhaps you could vote up the request for this here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Chevron-parameters-dropdown-list-Hint-colour-in-...

I guess the work around would be to create a label visible with hint when the Texbox is selected. You could also just use the Default value (not the best experience).

I wish this was possible as well as it can cause frustration when looking to create a particular look and feel.

Happy Apping

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi EddiPowers,

This is currently not supported. Perhaps you could vote up the request for this here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Chevron-parameters-dropdown-list-Hint-colour-in-...

I guess the work around would be to create a label visible with hint when the Texbox is selected. You could also just use the Default value (not the best experience).

I wish this was possible as well as it can cause frustration when looking to create a particular look and feel.

Happy Apping

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Myke,

Thanks for your reply!

I’ll try work around it with a label 🙂 and it got my vote!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,585)