cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerapps890
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Change counter based on dropdown box

This is my counter text outside of the gallery 46 - CountIf(GUATResponses, Title=vUserMail). I plan to add many more records to this. In my app the user will filter by scenario 1,2,3,4 or 5 with a combobox. When they choose each scenario I want either a new counter to go invisible or visible depending on scenario selected. Another way could be to use one counter label and alter my original formula. I am not sure of the best way to do this. The user selects scenario with a combobox box. I will tag all of items in my datasource as scenario 1,2,3,4 or 5 in a column called scenario. So, I just want to know I can have a counter label that will only count based on the scenario the user has filtered on.

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You might want to try adding a second invisible gallery that implements all the filters you are employing.  Then you counter could just be a CountRows() on allitems in that gallery.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I see, but I want it to only count based on the scenario so if there are 5 radio buttons in scenario one and someone checks 2 of them, I want the counter to say 3. If there are 10 buttons in scenario 2 and someone selects 3 i want the counter to display 7. @Pstork1 

I was thinking something like this, I just dont know the syntax. If(ComboBox1_2.Selected = Scenario1, CountIf(GUATResponses, Title=vUserMail))

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Sorry, I misunderstood.  I thought you were trying to count how many records in the gallery fit the selected scenario.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Is there a way to alter my labels to reflect what I want. I am thinking either alter one label or create 5 labels and have them go invisible or visible based on combobox selection, then in the count label I would have to somehow say if Scenario = Scenario1 only show those counts. In my datasource GUAT, I added a column a called scenario and labeled each item with either scenario 1,2,3,4 or 5. @Pstork1 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (26,794)