cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Change counter based on dropdown box

This is my counter text outside of the gallery 46 - CountIf(GUATResponses, Title=vUserMail). I plan to add many more records to this. In my app the user will filter by scenario 1,2,3,4 or 5 with a combobox. When they choose each scenario I want either a new counter to go invisible or visible depending on scenario selected. Another way could be to use one counter label and alter my original formula. I am not sure of the best way to do this. The user selects scenario with a combobox box. I will tag all of items in my datasource as scenario 1,2,3,4 or 5 in a column called scenario. So, I just want to know I can have a counter label that will only count based on the scenario the user has filtered on.

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You might want to try adding a second invisible gallery that implements all the filters you are employing.  Then you counter could just be a CountRows() on allitems in that gallery.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I see, but I want it to only count based on the scenario so if there are 5 radio buttons in scenario one and someone checks 2 of them, I want the counter to say 3. If there are 10 buttons in scenario 2 and someone selects 3 i want the counter to display 7. @Pstork1 

I was thinking something like this, I just dont know the syntax. If(ComboBox1_2.Selected = Scenario1, CountIf(GUATResponses, Title=vUserMail))

Sorry, I misunderstood.  I thought you were trying to count how many records in the gallery fit the selected scenario.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Is there a way to alter my labels to reflect what I want. I am thinking either alter one label or create 5 labels and have them go invisible or visible based on combobox selection, then in the count label I would have to somehow say if Scenario = Scenario1 only show those counts. In my datasource GUAT, I added a column a called scenario and labeled each item with either scenario 1,2,3,4 or 5. @Pstork1 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,658)