Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Change data source

Hello power users. 

Please give ma advice. I create my first power apps based on excel in One Drive. Then after many advices from here (community) I understood what will be better if I make the data source is Sharepoint list. 

I exported my excel to sharepoint and try just chand data source in my app. But it is don't work. Is it mean I need create new app? Or any chance only migrate just data source? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Ok

In that case build the tables with same Tablename and columns with SharePoint not Excel. Then export and import the App using the SharePoint.

If you want to Use the Excel, it should be in Ondrive as you already have.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

If you are still using that excel from the sharepoint, that may not work. It should be in One drive.

However if the the excel have been converted into sharepoint tables, ensure that Table names and column names are the same ton ensure easy connection.

That is if you are now connecting to the sharepoint list instead of excel table, the export the App with the excel and import it using the Sharepoint list.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted

@eka24 I'm sorry forget to say. I was export my excel table to sharepoint list.

Highlighted

Ok

In that case build the tables with same Tablename and columns with SharePoint not Excel. Then export and import the App using the SharePoint.

If you want to Use the Excel, it should be in Ondrive as you already have.

------------

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,112)