Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lars1990
Helper II
Helper II

Change date format from mm/dd/yyyy to dd-mm-yyyy in Powerapps in teams

Hi all, 

I am trying to change the date format of a date picker field in Powerapps in Teams. I tried these two methods:

- Change the ContectLanguage property from "" to "nl-NL"

- Change the value property from Parent.Default to Text(Parent.Default, "dd/mm/yyyy")

Unfortunatly this doe not work.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

KR,

Lars

19 REPLIES 19

Thanks so much - this solved a similar issue for me - I had been able to get the date function working but when I used the Pop Out feature on Powerapps In Teams it lost the date formatting. This solution resolved my issue. Thanks and have  a great week!

Vitss
Advocate II
Advocate II

If you use the Teams datepicker not in teams (possible by copy pasting it from teams in any app) I fixed it to use a extra label positioned in the datepicker using Text(DataCardValue6.Value, "dd/mm/yyyy").

Hi, thanks a lot! This was the best work around for me as I didn't want to enable a retired control. Really appreciate it.

Tip: If you are going down this route, create it as a component so that it's easier to reuse. I did it without a component the first time and then had to move all my date pickers (30+) which means moving 2 components at a time....it was a pain! Until my friend James inspired me to use components!!!

Thanks, seems I need to learn about making components 😊.

@Vitss This sounds a great solution although could you explain in more detail? Do you mean that you can use the label for the date picker in a Teams Power App or the label just displays the value? I have a Teams Power App where I want to format the date picker, but not use the classic controls. Thanks in advance.

Vitss
Advocate II
Advocate II

@AndrewS I used the 'Teams' datepicker in a Canvas app outside Teams, to format the displayed date I used a label on top of the datepicker showing the formatted Date as wanted using Text(DataCardValueXX.Value, "dd/mm/yyyy").

The Label is just masking the datepicker so NoOneKnows.

So easy!  Thanks.

ganesh131982
Helper II
Helper II

Hello,

I'm unable to find the classic controls toggle button under the Experimental tab in Upcoming features.

I'm trying update the date field for a date column I'm pulling in from SharePoint.

ganesh131982
Helper II
Helper II
Anonymous_Hippo
Super User
Super User

Hello All,

I have added this as an idea. Please vote if you think that this adds value to PowerApps

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Add-quot-Format-quot-property-for-date-picker-c...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,063)