Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Field
Helper V
Helper V

Change date format of a Parent.Default

Hello, 

I am using a Date Field on my powerapp. For some reason, the app is putting the Date Format in "mm/dd/yyyy" when in reality i wanted to put "dd/mm/yyyy".

When i use the following code in the "Default Date" [ If( SharePointForm1.Mode = New; "";Text(Parent.Default,"dd/mm/yyyy")) ], this doesn't change the date format, but rather adds more years into the date. The date i have in the list is 28/01/2021, but when i add this code, the date for some reason changes to 14/1/2023. 

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Field 

Put your DefaultDate back to Parent.Default and then change the Format property of the DatePicker to the following:

"dd/mm/yyyy"

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Field 

Put your DefaultDate back to Parent.Default and then change the Format property of the DatePicker to the following:

"dd/mm/yyyy"

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

chmielos
Frequent Visitor

Since yesterday, all my applications have changed the date format to the American one, i.e. in the edit mode I have good dd.mm.yyyy but in the production mode for the client the date is mm / dd / yyyy. The change applies to all apps, even those that haven't been touched for several weeks. The same with numbers, you need to put a period instead of a comma. I checked the browser settings and the same effect everywhere in different browsers. Do you have that too? Does anyone have the same and know more about this error?

I have the same problem. In application edit mode is OK. I'm from Poland.

Hi @KonradPogodz and @chmielos ,

I had the exact same problem, and this happened after new year came in. We never made changes to the date, but on the editor it looks fine, but when watching the display it has mm / dd / yyyy. I had to do this fix.

Can one of the devs explain this behaviour? 

AdrienB
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I also have the same problem: in all my apps date and number switched to the american format wich cause some of my apps to stop working.

In the editor, everything is fine. 

What can we do about it?

Thanks

@Field 

It's definitely something that has either changed or is a bug to be fixed.  But in the meantime, setting the controls specifically to specify the locale will work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,024)