cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
treblec

Change display image on browse screen.

Hi All,

Is there a way to change the 'Browse' screen based on a user selection from a dropdown on another screen. So the idea is that the user inputs the details and when saved the browse screen shows this saved data but shows an image based on what option was selected. Each dropdown selection has an image saved on my OneDrive. Below is an example of the browse screen with the RED blocks being the image and the selected option is right-hand side. 

Thank you

2019-07-26_11-24-44.png

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @treblec 

Can you explain a bit more..

Eg. if the value is "barking" you want to navigate to Browse Screen 1 and if "Morden" navigate to Browse screen 2

Thanks.

Thank you for taking the time ro review and reply.

Whatever the value is in the red text (right-hand side), I want the image on the left (red box) to change.  The top right text is based on what is selected on the edit screen and is currently a ThisItem. function. The image currently on display is the same image for all, as it's one image.  

Is there a way that once a user has added an entry and this is then displayed on the browser screen that you can ask the image to pull a image from sharepoint based on say what car it is?

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @treblec ,

Do you use a Gallery control to list your car records?

Do you want to change the Image within the Gallery based on current red text?

Further, do you store the images for each Dropdown selection within the Excel table stored in your OneDrive folder?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think the LookUp function could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

I assume that there are two columns existed in your Excel table -- DropdownSelection Column and Image[image] column. The DropdownSelection Column used to store the Dropdown selections in your Edit screen, the Image[image] column used to store the corresponing image resource.

Within your Gallery, set the Image property of the Image control to following:

LookUp('YourExcelTable', DropdownSelectionColumn = ThisItem.DropdownFiled, ImageColumn)

or

LookUp('YourExcelTable', DropdownSelectionColumn = ThisItem.DropdownFiled).ImageColumn

Note: The DropdownField represents the field in your Gallery to display the Red text on right-hand side.

More details about the LookUp function, please check the following article:

LookUp function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
treblec

Sorry - I haven't been able to check this yet. Will aim to do this at the weekend.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,909)